Year 7 Applications

The application process for Year 7 enrolment is determined by the Victorian Department of Education and is initially undertaken by the primary school your child attends during Grade 6.  It is not possible to apply for a place in Year 7 before your child is in Grade 6.  Families residing interstate and overseas when their child is in Grade 6 are advised to contact the school to make a direct application.

Frankston High School has a designated neighbourhood zone and receives a substantial number of out of zone applications for Year 7 placements each year.  It is not possible to successfully place all out- of- zone applicants.

If your child is currently enrolled in a Victorian Primary School, the application procedure is as follows:

* Early in the year you will receive a letter and Application for Enrolment form (Year 7) from your child’s primary school
* On this form you will list the schools you would like your child to attend in preferred order (two choices)
* If your child lives outside the Frankston High School designated zone, an Out Of Zone Application Form, must be submitted to the primary school with the Application for Enrolment form.  Out Of Zone Applications can be obtained from our information sessions.

The primary school will forward applications to Frankston High School.  In August the primary school will notify parents/guardians of the results of their application.  If your child does not attend a Government Primary School, they may not receive the Application for Enrolment (Year 7) form.  Please request this form from your child’s primary school.

Please note that Frankston High School is not able to disclose the results of the application process to parents/guardians prior to being informed of the results by their primary school in August.

Year 8 – 12 Enrolment Enquiries

Each year student enrol from other schools in Years 8 – 12.  If a student resides outside the zone and is interested in enroling at Frankston High School it is recommended that contact is made with the school to explore enrolment opportunities.

If you are considering enrolment from an interstate or international destination please contact the school.

For any queries regarding enrolment please contact the school via telephone (03) 9783 7955.