The Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority’s (VCAA) release of VCE results has enabled us to compare our student performance with statewide results, and Percentage of Study Scores of 40 or more.
Frankston High School’s 2016 results continue to be outstanding, allowing us to be justifiably proud of Frankston High School’s renowned reputation as a high performing academic school of excellence.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR VCE RESULTS FOR 2016 INCLUDE:
- Dux: Albin Joy with an ATAR of 99.55,
- 3 students with ATARS over 99 placing them in the top 1% of the state,
- an incredible 31 students achieved ATARS over 90 placing them in the top 10% of the state,
- 2 students achieved perfect study scores of 50 in Mathematics,
- 28% of students received an A+ or A grade in their assessments,
- 22 students awarded VCE Baccalaureate,
- Over half of our students were ranked in the top 30% of the state with our school continuing to be the leading government school on the Peninsula,
- Frankston High School continuing to be the leading government school on the Peninsula and in fact obtaining results ahead of most private schools on the Peninsula,
- 9% of subject scores over 40 places Frankston High School within the top 10 of Metropolitan Government Co-educational and Non-select Entry schools in the state,
- A median subject score of 31 indicates that a typical Year 12 student at our school achieves above average study scores compared to students in private and government schools across the state,
- Results which are well above those schools which the Department considers to be ‘similar’ schools
These results reaffirm Frankston High School as one of the leading schools in the state.
It is a great pleasure to report that following the first second round university offers, 98% of our Year 12 students who applied for tertiary study have received an offer. We anticipate that after mid-year offers, 98% of these students will be proceeding with tertiary courses, predominantly at University.
Frankston High School is the only school on the Mornington Peninsula with a separate Senior Campus. This exclusive facility provides the ambience of a university environment with a focus on achieving the best possible ATAR results.