R U Ok? Day is our national day of action when we remind Australians that every day is the day to ask, “Are you OK?” if someone in your world is struggling with life’s ups and downs.
The message for R U OK? Day 2020 is: ‘THERE’S MORE TO SAY AFTER R U OK?’
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone and circumstances have made it even more important for us all to stay connected and, for those who are able, be willing to support those around us. You don’t have to be an expert to keep the conversation going when someone says they’re not OK. By knowing what to say you can help someone feel supported and access appropriate help long before they’re in crisis, which can make a really positive difference to their life. The R U Ok? Day website has lots of great resources including this video. Head to https://www.ruok.org.au/join-r-u-ok-day
At FHS, despite the current restrictions, we will be recognising and promoting the R U OK? message as best as we can on the day.
A wide range of activities have been put together for the school community in order to recognise this and to promote the following:
1. Education- to raise awareness for conversations around ‘R U Ok’ and to support members of the school community in navigating these conversations.
2. Connection- to run sessions that aim to connect people to each other, focus on having some fun and engaging with hobbies and activities that allow us to relax and unwind.
3. Community focused- to plan activities that engage all members of the school community; staff, students and families.
The following sessions will be running tomorrow.
Students can check their emails and the compass newsfeed for more details and links to the individual groups.
Student / Family – Groups
These combined sessions are designed for school staff and students and any family members who want to join in.
Each session will be run through Microsoft Teams with both staff and students involved in the same group.
– Pilates/Stretch session (lunchtime)- Hosted by Ms Martyn
– Fitness skills session (lunchtime) – Hosted by Mr Cameron and Mr Martin
– Meditation session (lunchtime) – Hosted by Ms Papadimitriou
– Pet Parade show and tell (lunchtime) – Hosted by Kirsten Bakker
– Jackbox video games (3:30pm) – Hosted by Mr Bonfadini
– AFL Debate/skills sessions (3:30pm) – Hosted by Mr Cameron
Each session will be run through Microsoft Teams and will be run as a student only group.
– Gratitude Session (3:30pm) – Hosted by Ms Judkins
– Drama Games (3:30pm) – Hosted by Ms Summers