Student Insurance

Parents are reminded that Department of Education (DE) and Frankston High School do not provide personal accident insurance for students.  Parents/carers are responsible for the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including transport costs.

Students’ accident insurance policies are available from the private insurance market. These cover a range of medical expenses not covered by Medicare. They can be obtained by parents/carers for individual students.

Parents/carers of students at Frankston High School are reminded that Frankston High School does not have a whole school policy.




Student Accident Insurance, Ambulance Cover Arrangements And Private Property Brought To School

Parents/carers are reminded that the Department of Education (DE) does not provide personal accident or ambulance cover for students.  Parents/carers of students who do not have private health insurance or ambulance cover are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students.

Private property bought to the college by students, staff or visitors is not insured and DE is not responsible for any loss or damage.  This can include mobile phones, calculators, sporting equipment and cars parked on school premises.

It is recommended that parents and carers consider insurance policies that can be purchased from commercial insurers.

Product Enquiry